Monday, September 26, 2011

Fall is here..

We had a wonderfully busy first weekend of fall. Saturday was spent enjoying the sunshine with a picnic lunch at our local park and lost of playtime! We followed that up with Bingo and Spooky Buddies the new Disney movie. Fantastic time had by all.

Sunday morning was spent at church. We tie-dyed t-shirts with our Sunday School students (I'm the proud teacher of 10 toddlers & preschoolers this year). The shirts are awesome and will be proudly worn as we walk for hunger in our local Crop Walk on October 16th.

Then off to our next adventure. The local Fall Foliage Festival. Music, funnel cake, ice cream and lots of vendors. What more could someone ask for. My brownie troop manned our community bake sale table for an hour, using their incredible manners and smarts. I'm so proud of the troop and even more proud to call one of them my daughter ;).

The LO was with us this whole time, pitching in on the fun but it sure did wear her out. She has a cold and wasn't up for much with Tot School this morning. We read and acted out From Head to Toe by Eric Carle (she gets to pick out the book we read), practiced some shapes and colors on the felt board, and did a quick visual discrimation game/matching for fall. She was tired by then, asked for Dora and her juice cup.


Here's a quick picture of the matching game. I printed two copies - cut both out. I laminated one set but then simply slid the pictures in a trading card sleeve to keep them stationary. I will laminate the second set later today. I really liked having the cards in the sleeves, it kept them in place when she bent over to place a card on top to match. This game along with several other fall games will be included in fall toddler pack I'm putting together. It should be available in my Teachers Pay Teachers site soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment