Tuesday, September 13, 2011

First night of homework.....

Last night was Victoria's first night of homework. I decided to make Rebecca a part of the homework experience and start an introduction to the sounds of letters. Mind you Rebecca is only 2, but it's never to early to start.

I printed a capital R in a coloring font, set her in her booster with some crayons and we all did our homework. I introduced the letter to her, made its sound and let her color. When she finished, I asked her what letter it was and wasn't too surprised that she remembered. What shocked me was when I asked her what R was for - she Rebecca. I had only said this once while giving her the sound.

This morning she excitedly grabbed her paper and ran out to show Grandma her homework, yelling, "look, Grandma R for Rebecca." This child amazes me!

Tonight's "homework" is lowercase r coloring and a rectangle matching mat, I'm off to put together. I'll upload the file for the game later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment