Wednesday, September 14, 2011

R is for Robot..

Homework in the Fisher household can be an adventure! Victoria is either super willing or completely against. Well, tonight it was the latter! OY...what a night. 45 minutes later, a headache (mine), and the threat of losing TV for the remainder of the week, we finally accomplished 10 complete sentences. After the school homework, I thought for sure the vocabulary game I made her would be dismissed immediately. I was proved WRONG! She loved it.

They are reading Officer Buckle and Gloria by Peggy Rathmann in school, so I whipped up a quick set of tile cards using her vocabulary words to go with it. She was so excited and can't wait to take them to school tomorrow to show them to her teacher! I'm making a few other things for her to use tomorrow night, I hope she likes them. I will upload and share the complete file by the end of the week.


The little one wasn't left out either. Her tot school time continued practicing the sound of "r".  I made up some 4 piece puzzles of items starting with the letter. I quickly discovered, she needs a mat to build them on. I cut the pieces diagonally for the first time this made it much more difficult a task. Tonight after the kiddos are in bed, I will whip up a mat for her to use while building her puzzles. The outlines will greatly increase her success rate. We built a robot, a raccoon, a race car and a rabbit, just to name a few. We also colored a RED apple. All in all it was a great night.


R puzzles completed with lots of help from mommy!



Until tomorrow's adventures in homework and tot school! Have a great night. I'm off to watch Toy Story 3 AGAIN =)

No comments:

Post a Comment